Book Title: The Teacher's Pocket Guide for Effective Classroom Management, Second Edition
Publisher: Brookes Publishing
Release Date: 2013-12-30
Author: Timothy Knoster Ed.D.
Teachers give the highest marks to this bestselling classroom management guide—and now it's better than ever! Developed by Tim Knoster, a behavior expert and former teacher whose in-demand workshops have inspired thousands, this new edition is the friendly how-to book educators need to increase desired behavior in today's K–12 classrooms. The second edition weaves in timely NEW guidance for teachers implementing multi-tiered systems of support in tandem with positive behavior interventions and supports (PBIS), though it's still a great resource for teachers in more traditional school settings. With the time-efficient, research-based strategies—relayed with humor and vivid examples—teachers will unlock the mysteries of student behavior, prevent disruptions to learning, and support better outcomes for every student. HOW-TO STRATEGIES THAT HELP TEACHERS:
- Successfully use multi-tiered systems of positive behavior support
- Decode the motives behind students' behavior
- Develop rapport with students while maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Establish clear expectations for behavior in the classroom
- Reinforce expected behavior throughout the day with positive supports
- Skillfully redirect inappropriate student behavior
- Apply proven Tier 2 RTI strategies with students who require additional supports
- Use individualized, intensive Tier 3 strategies with students who pose special challenges
Helpful tip sheets and classroom management tools, including an Expectations Planning Matrix, Behavior Progress Report, Behavior Contract, and more.